Are You Ready to Become a Homeowner?
In addition, families that complete a Homeownership Readiness Assessment may be eligible to purchase an affordable home through HOME, Inc. We offer turn-key homeownership options for low- to moderate-income households.
Homeownership Readiness Assessment
– Reviewing basic information about your current financial situation
– Obtaining and reviewing your current credit report
– Determining your ability to qualify for a mortgage at this point in time
– Establishing a housing affordability range for a home purchase price or mortgage limit
– Identifying programs that may assist you in purchasing a home
– Developing a home buying plan, outlining steps you can take to qualify for a mortgage
Interested? Complete and return the Homeownership Readiness Questionnaire to begin the process. One of our counselors will contact you to finish the assessment.
So, you have a home buying plan. But do you know how to put it into action? With our pre-purchase counseling, you’ll get personalized assistance to help you learn how.
– Assessing your housing needs for property selection
– Creating a budget to meet your financial goals
– Receiving referrals and assistance to apply to homeownership programs
– Finding the right lending program and applying for a mortgage
– Reviewing educational materials on topics such as using a realtor, selecting and inspecting a home, financing a home through the mortgage process, preparing to move, and life as a homeowner
Contact us to learn more about our pre-purchase counseling services by email or by calling 515-243-1277.
Neighborhood Finance Corporation
Offers home loans to purchase a home, down payment assistance, and closing cost assistance within NFC lending areas.
Federal Home Loan Bank
Offers financing for the purchase, construction, or rehabilitation of owner-occupied housing for low- or moderate-income households through the Affordable Housing Program. Also leverages other types of financing and supports affordable housing for special needs and homeless families.
Iowa Finance Authority
Homebuyer Programs offers mortgage, down payment, and mortgage credit certificate programs to assist first time homebuyers, experienced buyers, and everything in between.